# 306 CAN-EAT Approach …Using medical, motor, & therapy strategies in pediatric feeding
Research indicates that the prevalence of pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders is 80% in the special needs population and 20% in typically developing children. Therefore, most pediatric clinicians will encounter this disorder in some form or another. Feeding disorders come in all shapes and sizes, such as coughing/choking during meals, poor oral-motor skill acquisition, food refusal, oral aversion, g-tube dependence and more. One must be versed in oral-motor and swallowing techniques, respiration, GI issues, nutrition, motor/postural alignment, and behavioral strategies. This is a two-day course focusing on how to approach pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders, how to diagnose and prioritize treatment options, and ensure successful outcomes for you and your patients. Day one will concentrate on medical and nutritional intervention strategies, while day two will focus on evaluation and therapeutic intervention. If children are available, there will be 1-2 live evaluations.
Instructor: KRISTEN BRACKETT, MS, SLP/CCC
Course Cities and Dates:
WEB CONFERENCE July 10-11, 2020 (11:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST) $300
WEB CONFERENCE October 2-3, 2020 (8 am -5:00 pm EST) $300
WEB CONFERENCE November 13-14, 2020 (8 am -5:00 pm EST) $300
WEB CONFERENCE December 4-5, 2020 (8 am -5:00 pm EST)$300
WEB CONFERENCE July 9-10, 2021 (11 am - 8:00 pm EST) $300
WEB CONFERENCE October 2-3, 2021 (11 am - 8:00 pm EST) $300
- This course offered so much information to help with evaluation and treatment of my patients.
- I am leaving this course with clinical techniques and strategies that I will begin using immediately, as well as new problem solving skills.
- I cannot wait to share this information with my team. I am going to be completing a presentation about the information and what I can offer to expand the services we provide to our EI clients.
- This course was EXCELLENT! Packed with information and really helpful tools. I know I can begin implementing this in my work starting this week.
- I enjoyed this course very much! The online format was great and I feel like I learned just as much as I would have, had it been in person.
- This was the best feeding course I have attended so far!
Web Conference on February 19-20, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on March 20-21, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on April 9-10, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on June 18, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on July 9-10, 2021 (11:00 am - 8:00 pm EST)
Web Conference on September 10-11, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on October 2-3, 2021 (11:00 am - 8:00 pm EST)
Web Conference on November 13-14, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
Web Conference on December 3-4, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)
# 306 CAN-EAT Approach …Using medical, motor, & therapy strategies in pediatric
Register your facility
or groups of 5 or more
Members of APTA, AOTA, ASHA, NATA