# 306 CAN-EAT Approach …Using medical, motor, & therapy strategies in
Feeding and swallowing problems in infants and young children are typically complex and result from a combination of factors including issues that can make eating painful or difficult. In order to successfully remediate feeding problems, clinicians must understand how medical and nutritional issues can contribute to feeding disorders and use a comprehensive approach to intervention. The CAN-EAT Approach© is a 2-day workshop focusing on medical, nutritional, and therapeutic strategies for children with pediatric feeding disorders.
In the CAN-EAT Approach© “CAN” stands for comfort and nutrition which come first. Day one will focus on strategies to build GI comfort and good growth as well as explore other medical issues that interfere with feeding progression. Day two will focus on therapeutic strategies from a variety of philosophies. “EA” represents establishing acceptance of the spoon or easy textures. Then “T” stands for therapy for skill development and feeding progression. Therapeutic strategies for common feeding problems will be explored in depth through lecture and video demonstration.
Information is applicable to infants and children from birth to 21 (class will discuss infants but is not focused on infant feeding issues).
Instructor: KRISTEN BRACKETT, MS, SLP/CCC
Course Cities and Dates:
Web Conference on May 21-22, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST) $300
Web Conference Sunday-Monday, July 11-12, 2021 (8:00 am - 5:30 pm EST)$300
LIVE Course Asheville, NC (Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park) Sept 10-11, 2021
Web Conference October 2-3, 2021 (8 am - 5:00 pm EST) $300
Web Conference on Sun-Mon, December 5-6, 2021 (8:00am - 5:30pm ET) $300
- This course offered so much information to help with evaluation and treatment of my patients.
- I am leaving this course with clinical techniques and strategies that I will begin using immediately, as well as new problem solving skills.
- I cannot wait to share this information with my team. I am going to be completing a presentation about the information and what I can offer to expand the services we provide to our EI clients.
- This course was EXCELLENT! Packed with information and really helpful tools. I know I can begin implementing this in my work starting this week.
- I enjoyed this course very much! The online format was great and I feel like I learned just as much as I would have, had it been in person.
- This was the best feeding course I have attended so far!
# 306 CAN-EAT Approach …Using medical, motor, & therapy strategies in pedia
Group Discount – Five or more registrations